Thursday, December 17, 2015

Endeavors and Short Comings of a New Process (Brett Freund)

Now that we are approaching the final exhibition that will demonstrate the research I've committed myself to since last spring, I'm attaching all the final gems and preparing for a round of firings. Taking some alone time and exploring form during the soft stages of clay is always the most rewarding aspect of the process. Glazing and surface decoration takes a different kind of focus as I consider the mood or associations I want to make with my work. Whatever happens between now and the final kiln unloading, I'm forecasting slipcast gem constructions, slab pots, and printed clay vessels. More importantly, I aim to share both the success of my endeavors and the short comings of exploration in the Jerome exhibition.



No comments:

Post a Comment